Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Lifehouse / Matt Nathanson Concert



Well Monday March 4, 2008 we had the great opportunity to see one of my favorite bands Lifehouse! Our best friends Ray and Ellen Warner went with us. The concert was at the Depot in the Gateway. The acoustics there are great and it is a really fun atmosphere. If you ever go there though make sure you call in advance and reserve the section with tables in the balcony, we did not get one and wished we had! They were so good I can't wait until they come back. The surprise of the evening was the second guy that played "Matt Nathanson". I really like to find bands or singers that no one has really ever heard but will blow you away when you hear them (ie. Jack's Mannequin, Something Corporate, Acceptance, and Missy Higgins). This guy Matt Nathanson is one of those rare finds. After the concert I went over and bought his CD and he imediately autographed it for me. He was really cool and yacked it up with me! Go out and get his cd "Some Mad Hope" or download it you will not be sorry.

Until next time!

1 comment:

Jadi said...

I am glad you guys had a good time. Lifehouse is one of the only bands I would cared to go see in person. I love them! The Storm is one of my favorite songs. I didn't know the Gateway had a place for concerts. We will have to listen to some of Matt Nathanson's songs online. I will tell Geoff tonight! Thanks for sharing!