Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Jeepster







Well I have been looking for a 1966-1971 Jeepster Commando for some time now and I finally found one in Boise, ID. It is a 1970 Jeepster Commando with a Dauntless (Buick) 225 engine and a TH400 Automatic transmission.

My Father-in-Law and Brother-in-law were kind enough to go with me to Burley, ID this morning to pick it up as the previous owner agreed to meet us there which is about half way to Boise.

We left at 6:00 A.M. this morning and arrived in Burley at 9:00 A.M.

When we arrived we expected the owner to be there as he was staying in Burley last night. We waited for about 10 minutes in the McDonalds parking lot and decided we would get something to eat while we waited. Sure enough as soon as we ordered our food he showed up!

The previous owner Tony Lancaster is about my age and a very nice guy. The second we left the McDonald's to introduce ourselves it started to rain. The temperature dropped about 20 degrees (seriously) and the rain turned into snow. We got the Jeepster loaded on my trailer and headed out of town after a quick stop at the local Napa to replace a trailer brake light that we had lost for some reason on the way up. After fueling we headed back to Salt Lake. The Weather was horrible and the snow was vertical in many sections. We made it just fine though and the Jeepster is now happily along side my house waiting to be torn apart. I will keep you updated on the progress. It will be slow until I get my garage built, but that is a whole other story!

I'm so excited to have this project and look forward to making this Jeepster something that everyone will envy!










2 comments:

Curtis Moser said...

You don't have to look forward to making your jeepster something that everyone will envy-- I envy it already! You are the ultimate sucka, dude... living the dream. I wish I had a jeepster. It looks sweet!

Good luck on your garage-- it'll be sweet to have a place to work on your toys! You and Nickole will have to go to dinner with Alicia and I one of these days, it's been forever!

Peace out, g

Jadi said...

I do LOVE your blog!!! It looks great. It sounds like you guys ended up with bad weather but at least you made it home safely. Have fun working on your jeep and keep us posted on it!