Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day


This picture is a picture from after Christmas with the kids in their swimsuits using Brooklyn's Christmas present to Maddux. It always makes me smile, so I thought on a good day like today it was appropriate especially since I left my camera in the car today!
Well I'm going to make this one short and sweet seeing as it is late and I'm really tired.

Today was a relatively good day. Brooklyn got her breathing tube out today, although she is still on oxygen. She had some low numbers in her blood so they decided to give her a blood transfusion which did what it was suppose to do and brought her levels back into range.

She was very awake today and I'm sure it was nice for her to be able to express to everyone what she was trying to say rather than use hand gestures! We watched a lot of Disney Channel today and to be honest things are a lot funnier when you have a good day then when you have a bad day!!!!

The funny story of the day was that while Nickole and I get kick out of the PICU between 7 and 8 P.M. we go and have some dinner at the cafeteria. Tonight after dinner we ran to Albertson's to get a few things for Nickole and Brooklyn. On the way back it was a little after 8 and we received a call from the hospital. I was very freaked out at first, but the nurse said Brooklyn wanted to talk to us. When Brooklyn got on the phone she asked me where we were! :) I guess she was wondering why we didn't walk through the door right at 8 P.M. I assured her we would be right there and she was fine with that.

Thanks again for all your support and for keeping up to date with Brooklyn's situation. Oh and Happy Valentines Day.


1 comment:

Jadi said...

We are happy to hear that she is awake more and can communicate better. The blood transfusion part sounded a little scary. I am glad it turned out well. I hope you guys are getting enough rest. We love you! Thanks for the update. Your blog is the first thing I check every morning! :)