Sunday, February 15, 2009

Uneventful, Thank Goodness

Well today was pretty much uneventful and after the week that we have had that is very much welcome.

Her breathing has improved since yesterday and the fluid in her lungs is slowly going away!
Her vacuum that pulls the infection out of the wound was clogged with blood today so they had to come in and switch the tubing out. While they were doing this I kept Brooklyn's attention by talking about our Disney World trip this last May and the things we would do when we got out of the hospital. She is very nervous about her leg at this point asking questions like "Am I going to die, will I walk again, will I be able to kneel again and jump on the trampoline?" As sad as it is to hear these questions it was nice to be able to answer all of them and really that all of them are a positive response.

After this talk that we had her spirits improved greatly. Earlier in the day no matter what face I pulled and what dance I danced and every other stupid thing that I would never do other than for my daughter I could not get her to smile. After the questions I answered for her she was giggling and telling me how much she loved me. I wanted to live in that moment for the rest of my life.

Thanks again to all those who have helped our family and continue to give us your support. We love you more than you will ever know!

Well until tomorrow, keep your chin up and pray for Brooklyn's quick recovery!!!!!

P.S. on another positive note Maddux's basketball team ended up 7-1 this year! Good job Mad Dog, we love you!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jadi said...

I am happy to hear that the fluid in her lungs is starting to go away. What great news! Little Brooklyn has gone through so much emotionally and physically. I am glad she is starting to giggle again. Please tell her we love her.

Michelle Price- Blog de espaƱol 1020 said...

It is great to hear that her breathing is getting better. I feel really bad that she has to go through all this, it's sad for any person but especially for a sweet kid like Brooklyn! Me and Dani want to come back up sometime to visit and I have a couple dvd's for her and Maddux that I told you about.
Love, Michelle