Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not Much To Report

Well today there is not really much to report!

Brooklyn was taken off of oxygen today! She started eating real food, but had a hard time holding it down.

Dr. Siddiqi her plastic surgeon came in today and said we are going to get started on skin grafts tomorrow at around 3 P.M.. Brooklyn wanted to know what he was going to do, he looked at us for reassurance and then told her that they would be taking a little skin off of her good leg and putting in over her bad leg where the skin had been removed and that her good leg would look a little pink for about a year and then it would look normal again. Needless to say she was not very happy to hear all of this. I kept telling her positive thinking up here (brain) creates positive results down here (her leg). If all goes right and the skin graft takes we might even get out of the hospital by next week! We are not trying to get our hopes up to much though.

Brooklyn and I have had this thing going where she has a sticker with her name and pertinent information stuck to her right shoulder. I keep telling her "I'm not sure why they would tattoo an 8 year old girl like that." She gets really upset and says "Dad it is not a tattoo it is a sticker!" I have probably done this every day for the last 3 days and I always get the same results!!! Oh how I love to tease her.

Well until tomorrow, Good Night!

3 comments:

Christenson's said...

Brandon and Nickole, this is Tiffany Brooklyn's dance teacher. I hope you don't mind me peeking in at your blog. Holly Fjeldsted gave me the address.. anyway I have been very concerned for Brooklyn. Alice Gibbons has kept me updated... I am so glad to hear things are looking better. Tell her that we all miss her and hope she is doing better. I sent some cards home with Zoey that she will be bringing with her when she comes to visit. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys. Or even if you don't mind visitors! I hope all keeps going better and know that your family is in my prayers. We will miss Brooklyn in dance!!

Jadi said...

We are praying the skin graft will go well today and that Brooklyn will be able to go home next week. We LOVE you guys!

Laura Rich said...

Wow! It is great to hear how well things are now going. Our family thinks of you guys everyday. Gavin (age three) will especially be excited to hear that Heavenly Father is hearing our prayers. He prays for "Booklynn Dew" every chance he gets. Let us know if there is anything we can do! Love, The Rich's